Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ECing a 4 month old baby

The ECing is not progressing as well as I had hoped.....perhaps I was setting the bar too high. In my mind I was hoping that my 4 month old would continue to only poo during a pottytunity and starting to pee mostly during a pottytunity as well. The fact is that she had pooed in the diaper 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I'm a bit discouraged. The first 2 times she pooed in the diaper, someone else was holding her and I was busy cooking or doing some other house chores. So I wasn't paying attention to her 'tells'. The 3rd time she did it, she gave me lots of tells by fussing and crying but I was clueless. Afterall, she just pooed a big one only 30 minutes ago! So I tried to feed her, she refused the boob. I tried to rock her to sleep, she was screaming and crying but eventually calmed down. That was when I discovered she had another big poo in her diaper. Sigh!

I know my baby is going through some sort of developmental stage. Her feeding, sleeping, pooing is all out of sorts right now. So I guess I just have to be patient and figure out what her new patterns are. I guess I'll never really truly have it figured out since she will continue to grow and her needs will continue to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment