Monday, October 3, 2011

Pattern Review: Simplicity 8850 skirts

Pattern Description: This pattern is out of print. Lined fitted jacket A, B, C has front zipper and front patch pockets. A and B have contrast band collar. A has contrast sleeves; B has contrast upper pocket. A line gored skirt D, E and straight pants F have back zipper. D is short length; E in long length has contrast lower band.

I made the short skirt as well as the long skirt in size 12.

Pattern Sizing: 8-22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Not exactly.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The pattern pieces speak for themselves. I didn't look at the instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Very easy to sew skirt. I like the bottom band of the long skirt. It's a bit different than the other skirt patterns out there.

Fabric Used: Burgundy wool flannel for the long skirt. A cheapy bin wool mix for the short skirt.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: For the long skirt I didn't use a different fabric for the lower band. I used the same fabric and added braided trim to the seams. As for the short skirt I shortened the length slightly.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I actually have started sewing another long one already in a forest green wool flannel. I'm just trying to decide on how to embellish it.

Conclusion: Quick and easy to make. Can be embellished in different ways to make it your own!



No comments:

Post a Comment