Saturday, March 3, 2012

ECing a 10 month old baby

Well, my baby girl is already 10 months old...where did the time go? I guess she won't be a baby much longer. I have to keep reminding myself to treasure the last bit of time I have with her as a baby. She still loves to cuddle and be held. When she can walk on her own she might not be as cuddly anymore.

We were out of town for almost 2 weeks this past month and I was worried about her ECing in an unfamiliar environment. She proved me wrong. She diligently poo/pee in a regular toilet with me pulling her legs up at the same time each day. As soon as we got home, she started to refuse using the potty or using the toilet again. She had already pooed a few times in the diaper this week, which was frustrating for me. Why would she poo/pee with no problem in a strange place, and fussed so much at home? I guess that's what kids do. Sometimes we as parents just have no clue why they do certain things. I'm hoping she will go back to the routine soon if I keep taking her at the usual times each day.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe her "regular" times need to change? Is she getting ready to drop a nap (I know this post is 7 weeks old now, LOL)? Eating more food means a change in digestion times....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TracyKM! Thanks for your comment. Sorry I didn't see your comment until now. She is back to going to the potty about 50% of the time now that she is 1 year old. I am still quite clueless on why she would go sometimes but not other times. Oh well! At least I'm catching some poo/pee each day! I consider that progress comparing to 2 months ago! LOL!

    ReplyDelete