Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ugly Men's shirt to Ladies' top Refashion

Another men's shirt refashion. What to do with an ugly 80's short sleeves men's shirt?


Turn it into a unique ladies' top of course!

Summer is coming and I need something loose and breezy to wear. I drafted a loose tank top using the button front of the shirt as the top's back. I use the back of the shirt, cut out the top front that includes a few pleats in the centre. I used red bias tape in my stash to jazz up the neckline and the armholes slightly.

Another quick and dirty refashion!


A close up of the pleats and the neckline and armhole details.


I have more refashion ideas for the stash of men's shirts I have inherited in my sewing nook!

4 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to have found your blog! This is another great refashion... quick, but very effective!!! You would never know your new top had once been a man's shirt. Over at 'Threading My Way' we have lots of ongoing themed link parties. I'd love for you to share this (and any other tops) at our Women's Tops link party...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/04/threading-your-way-tops-for-women-link.html
    No worries if you'd prefer not to. I'm enjoying refashioning clothes and I look forward to seeing more of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've featured your Summer top today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/05/threading-your-way-features_26.html

    ReplyDelete