Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Great Hair Experiment has come to a halt....

After reading Meggipeg's blog about her 'all-water' hair experiment (see here) in March, I decided to try that myself too. For 2 months straight, I was washing my hair with water only. Nothing else. No shampoo, no conditioner, no hair spray, no gel, no mousse, etc, etc etc. It felt a bit greasy at the root but also a bit dry at the ends. I thought I could stick it out for another month to see how every goes....

....that was until I went swimming at a chlorinated pool with my daughter. We have resumed our weekly swim and there was no way I was going to let the chlorine stay on my hair. Unfortunately baking soda didn't wash away that film of chlorine. So I had to use shampoo to wash out my hair. Sigh! So much for trying to live a less toxic life! I guess I should start researching on what non-toxic alternatives there may be to wash off chlorine off my hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment