Monday, November 25, 2013

Refashion: Toddler Boy Vest to Toddler Girl Vest

Another simple but practical and much needed refashion project! The weather is getting really cold. This past weekend the harsh Canadian winter has set in. I needed to make another warm layer for my fussy toddler girl quickly.

This was a vest that I made for my boy when he was a toddler. It's a nice thick brown fleece vest that is now too small for him. So it gets passed onto my toddler girl. However, I know she will not want to wear this boring plain brown vest so I had to jazz it up a bit to entice her to wear it. So with some remnant pink ribbing in my stash and some poorly embroidered cat character, here is how it turned out:

I'm still experimenting 'embroidery' (if you can call it that) with my old low-tech sewing machine. I need to buy some appropriate tear away stabilizer for these projects. Anyway, I think it turned out okay enough to get my daughter to wear this(fingers crossed)............. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Smith! I showed it to my daughter this morning and she happily put it on. Mission accomplished! But does that mean I have to embroider that cat character on all her clothing from now on??

      Delete