Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I just joined Make a Garment A Month!! My MAGAM plan

As soon as I found out about the Make A Garment A Month (MAGAM) community, I wanted to join it. I really enjoyed reading all about the fantastic sewists' projects and their final products. I realized that I also make at least 1 garment a month. I just wanted to be a part of it. And now I am! Thanks to Sarah Liz for organizing everything!

For my MAGAM project for April, I think I'll make a jacket for Spring that can be worn in the summer as well. I recently bought some newish sewing patterns (as opposed to sewing with patterns that are 6-14 years old) and I am liking the look of the jacket on Simplicity 1688 by Cynthia Rowley. It looks like a boxy little jacket that I can wear with jeans or a dress.

 I'm going to use stash fabrics as I really just have too much of a fabric stash. This red medium to heavy weight linen may just do the trick. I used it last year for a pullover dress and that didn't work too well. But the weight might work well for a jacket. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment