Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pantone Autumn 2014 Colours

Summer has just arrived in the Northern Hemisphere but Pantone has already published their Fashion Colour Report for Fall 2014:

Source: Pantone.com


I like some of the stronger, jewel tone colours - Royal Blue, Aurora Red, Sangria, Bright Colbalt and Cypress - which usually work better for my colouring. The other colours don't work so well on me. I think I already have fabrics in Sangria, Bright Colbalt and Cypress in my stash. I don't think I want to think about sewing Autumn/Winter clothes just yet. It's hot and I don't want to be handling wool fabrics right now.

What do you think of the Pantone Fall Colours? Do the colour reports really influence your fabric choices when you are sewing?

4 comments:

  1. I usually like all the colours, but sometimes they don't like me, so I use this as a guide only - and if it is in my stash, I will use it. Also sometimes you can only buy colours that suit you when they are the colours that are in - I usually choose to wear colours that suit me, not colours that Pantone says are in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! I agree with you. If I already have the colour in my fabric stash and it looks good on me, I may try to use it for that season. I know pretty much what colours I like and what looks good on me so those colours will be my guide more than what's trendy.

      Delete
  2. Hello Lovenicky,

    No, they don't and this palette is not moving me the way I think colours should. Therefore, they will NOT be influencing my choice of bedsheet fabric. Bedsheets as fabrics are my "thing", doncha know? http://sewcroandquilt.wordpress.com/tag/bed-sheet-fabric/

    Cheers,


    Lyric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyric! I love sewing with bedsheets too! I buy them used at my local thrift stores. They are cheap and the sheets are large sized and already pre-shrunk! What's not to like! ;-) Going to check out your blog now......

      Delete