Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July MAGAM project ocmpleted - with changes

I finished my July MAGAM pants! However, I didn't use the black microfibre as I had planned. I had a good look at the material and thought that perhaps the microfibre could be a bit too thick for the type of breezy summer pants that I had intended. So I just used this green Linen blend material that I have had in my stash for ages to make a pair of wide cargo type pants. I have used this material recently for this same pattern, but in a shorts version.

I used size Small (as I found the size Medium too loose when I made the shorts version) and incorporated both the front pockets and the right mid-thigh pocket. I like lots of pockets for my clothing! I cut the length of the pants between view B and E because I wanted it to be trouser length. I inserted elastics for the waistband. It's a bit wider than any of my existing self-made pants but I figured that it`s nice and breezy for the summer. As long as I wear a more fitted top on top, the wide legs shouldn`t make me look too stumpy. Here is how it looks with the top tucked in (I never tuck in my tops):


And here is how I would wear it:

Notice the pockets almost overlapping on the right leg:

I think it looks okay. It is a basic wardrobe element, after all.  I think I will be wearing these pants often this summer! I also did a review for this pattern on PatternReview.com.

8 comments:

  1. Love the pants: the linen, the pockets, the color, the fit! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly! I hope this colour green is versatile enough to go with everything in my summer wardrobe.

      Delete
  2. I love them too - casual basics are much needed for house wear. I love the pockets, and I don't mind the wide legs either - they will be really good to wear to do things in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! I don't have a lot of long pants to wear in the hot summer but I think these will be practical and not too sloppy looking to wear out.

      Delete
  3. These pants look great and very comfortable. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stars Threads! They are quite comfortable.

      Delete
  4. Good looking and comfie I like the colour too much better to sew than black

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy H! I have lots of black clothing already so I thought a khaki green will be a good non-black neutral.

      Delete