Friday, November 14, 2014

MAGAM November project: A Festive Sweater Dress! Butterick 5247

I have been addicted to Sweater Dresses for the cooler months for a few years now. Their benefits are almost endless: they look slightly dressy, versatile for all occasions, warm my poor thighs, go with all my skinny jeans/pants, jeggings, leggings, easy all in one dressing (no need to think too hard), etc. So for the November Make A Garment A Month Challenge, I'm making another sweater dress with stash fabrics and stash pattern.


I'm choosing Butterick 5247 because it's a tried and true pattern for me. I have this gorgeous burgundy wool blend sweater knit in my stash for a while. I think it will be perfect for a sweater dress. It's a nice, festive colour that I can easily wear for the holidays too. Now I need to figure out how to embellish this dress to make it more special!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking pattern - I can see why you like it. I love the versatility of this one - it looks good in all variations. I also love the vibrant pink you have chosen - this should be a nice make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah Liz! The knit is actually darker and more burgundy than in the photo. Hopefully I'll be able to take a photo of the finished product outside in daylight to show the real colour. Festive colour, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete