Sunday, October 18, 2015

Day 6 - Self-challenge: Daytime glitter and glam

I have a few faux fur clothing items and I wear some of them quite often during Fall/Winter. However, this faux fur bolero jacket that I made had never been worn by me (I think my mom wore it once to someone's wedding). It looks like it's meant for special occasion (especially with the rhinestone button) but that occasion hasn't happened for me yet:


It's a beautifully soft fur and it's quite warm. So I decided to wear it today with a thrifted refashioned men's wool sweater, a self-stitched pair of charcoal jeggings and thrifted ankle boots:


I think it looks okay. I'm just happy to have finally worn something glam that I made after it had been sitting in the wardrobe for so long!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great and this is good proof that many dressier items are well suited for the daytime if they are dressed down with more casual pieces. I've been lusting after a little faux fur jacket myself, and this shape looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I was pleasantly surprised that I could dress down this 'lux-looking' jacket. This shows me that I need to think 'out-of-the-box' more often when getting dressed in the morning.

      Delete