Sunday, November 1, 2015

Refashion: Adding side slits to tight sweaters

I love this really warm and soft thrifted merino wool sweater. I refashioned the neckline last year so that it doesn't choke my neck anymore:


But I still find the bottom ribbed band too tight. It 'showed off' my bulging lower abdomen a bit too much for my liking. So I decided to go 'on trend' and created side slits for this sweater. I carefully ribbed out the yarn that sewn the side seams together all the way up the ribbed band. I think it looks a little better and I don't have to constantly pull the sweater down because the ribbed band was creeping up my waist:


It took less than 30 minutes to do. Another easy peasy refashion!

2 comments:

  1. Good refashion! I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly! I think I have a few more sweaters that I would like to refashion in this way too!

      Delete