Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Yet Another Break from the Handmade Christmas Presents Challenge - Sweater dress Refashion

I can't help it but I just have to go back to making things for myself! This time I'm doing another easy refashion for a thrifted sweater dress. I bought this wool blend Monsoon sweater dress from my local thrift store last year. I loved the colour and I had planned to make an asymmetrical hem tunic.


It was a little too slouchy on me. I decided to keep it as a sweater dress and pinned the sides of the dress slightly to make it more fitted. After less than an hour, here is the result:

It doesn't look too different except a little bit too fitted for my liking. It highlights my protruding lower abdomen a bit too much. I wear a low belt to try to disguise it. However I may just do a re-refashion with this dress at a later date. For now, I have yet another sweater dress to wear for this winter!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour! And I think the fit is just fine. We are our own worst critics, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! In the photo, I tried to pose in a way that didn't highlight the bulging lower abdomen. I actually enjoy doing re-refashions anyway.

      Delete