Tuesday, December 8, 2015

MAGAM Dec Project Part 1 - Cocktail dress to top Refashion

I looked at the 3 special occasion dresses that I wanted to refashion for the MAGAM (Make A Garment A Month) December challenge for a few days with no concrete ideas on what to do with them. So today I decided to just chop one of the dresses into a top. I thought that one can always use a semi-dressy top to wear with jeans or pants.

I chose the brown poly knit dress to refashion. The dress was a good fit but a bit blah in colour. I measured approximately where I wanted the bottom hem of the top to be and chopped it right off. Then I used my serger to do a rolled hem and voila! It's done!.

Before vs After:

I think it looks okay. I may wear it more now that it's a top. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the other 2 dresses......

2 comments:

  1. Very sensible approach - tops get more wear than dresses in my life, too :)

    I love the sparkly decoration on the v-neck. Adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! The sparkly decoration is actually a rhinestone brooch that I have had for quite a few years now.

      Delete