Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Refashion: Lounge singer glittery dress to Lounge singer glittery top?

I have been sewing but just didn't have time to post anything yet.  My last post was about this silver glittery knit 'lounge singer dress'.

Sarah Liz and Jenny O kindly suggested that I refashion it into a top. I did just that and here is the result:

It's okay. I don't love it. Perhaps it will look better under a jacket or something. It says 'lounge singer top' to me. It may look better with flowy black pants and heels and some accessories but it will still look a bit like 'mother of the bride' outfit to me. I don't know. I guess I can always donate it. What do you think?

I have plans for the bottom of the dress that I had cut off. I'll make a glittery skirt for my daughter. I know she will like that.

I suppose with refashioning, you win some and lose some! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. As you say, you win some, you lose some. It is a nice top, but if it is not you, it is not you. We all have our own style and should sew to that. Sounds like the skirt is going to be a great refashion for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am not too sad about donating it as I have way too much clothing in my closet already!

      Delete
  2. I've just clicked on "follow" so I don't miss any more posts :) I think this turned out well, and would look nice for a casual holiday event (Christmas, New Year's) or party/bridal or baby shower/etc. with or without a jacket - anytime you might want to dress up a bit. Maybe keep it for a few months and see how you feel? It's very versatile - would go with many colours. The bottom line, though, is how you feel about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for clicking 'follow'! I'm having 2nd thoughts about this top. Perhaps it will look better with a pair of dark jeans and a leather jacket to funk it up a bit?

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes - that sounds quite chic!

      Delete