Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Men Sweater Refashion

I inherited this shrunken thrifted men's sweater from my hubby. I had always wanted to have a black v-neck sweater that loose enough for layering, something that I can wear with leggings casually, but not too loose that it looks sloppy.

This what it looked like on me before:





I used a well fitting knit top as a guide to narrow the body of the sweater as well as the sleeves. Since I wanted to be able to layer this sweater, I cut it a little wider than the knit top.


Next I tackled the very tight v-neck. I used chalk to draw where I wanted the v-neck to be. Then I used a piece of wine colour sweater knit scrap in my stash to re-establish the neckline.


And this is how it looks after the refashion:


I am happy with this easy refashion that can be done in 1 night. This is an easy to wear casual top for cooler months.  There are more stuff to be worked on in my to-be-refashioned stash. Time to fine my next project!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job. I wish I could do something like this in one night! It would take me quite a lot longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I really think you can do it in a couple of hours as long as you have a nice fitting top as template.

      Delete