Friday, January 20, 2017

Plan for a Copy Cat Red tweed jacket

I search on Pinterest often for sewing and refashion inspirations. Most of the time I don't copy the inspiration exactly but just took the ideas and make my own garment with stash fabrics and notions. As I have mentioned before, my fabric stash and my pattern stash is embarrassingly enormous that I have no need to shop for fabrics/patterns for many years to come.

I found this picture on Pinterest last year and I have been obsessing about making a similar jacket:
Source: Pinterest
I love the colour (red is my favourite colour). I love the mix of fabrics. I love the easy shape of the jacket. I like that this can be made into a 3 season jacket with the right combination of fabrics. I just want to make one like this! I think I have some similar fabrics in my stash. Now I just need to find the right boxy jacket stash pattern to make this a reality! Time to dig into my fabric and pattern stash!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you come up with. And red does look wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I think I do have some similar fabrics in my stash but I don't think I have the gold chain though.

      Delete