Friday, August 25, 2017

Pantone Colour Trends Fall/Autumn 2017

I don't usually put much emphasis on the Pantone Colour Trends each season. I am pretty sure what colours I like and most importantly, I have a huge stash of fabrics in my home that I have to use, regardless of whether the colours are fashionable or not! However it's always interesting to see the Colour forecast to see what they have come up with each season. For Fall/Autumn 2017 they have 2 palettes: one of New York and one for London:

Fall 2017 New York Palette

Fall 2017 London Palette

After taken a quick look at the colours of my fabric stash, I think I have Navy Peony, Flame Scarlet, Tawny Port, Neutral Grey, Shaded Spruce and Autumn Maple. So I guess I do have trendy colours after all! Now I just have to figure out what to make. Time to look through my Pattern Stash......

4 comments:

  1. I like some colours from each palette, and tend to wear those colours no matter what the trends are. At the same time, some colours can definitely become dated, and using these as guides would help to avoid them. Have fun choosing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! These days, it seems that anything goes. I don't even know what colours would be considered dated. For example the blush pale pink a couple of seasons ago is now marketed as millennial pink! :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the colors and do believe I have some in my stash also. I really need to shop my stash instead of online websites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I totally understand what you are saying. It's often too easy to purchase new and exciting fabrics than rummaging through my own stash!

      Delete